Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Quick Pumpkin Soup




In my quest to find a fast, dairy-free pumpkin soup recipe, I developed this one about four years ago. In making this recently, I realized I hadn't shared this recipe with you.

While the recipe calls for 1 cup boiling water and one package or one square of chicken bouillon, 1 cup ready-made chicken stock can be substituted. I have yet to try this soup with a vegetable stock base. If you do, please let me know how it tastes.


Quick Pumpkin Soup (serves 2 – 4)

1 cup water
1 package or 1 cube chicken bouillon
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin (this is approximately 1 ½ – 1 ¾ cups pumpkin puree)
½ tbsp. olive oil
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

In a 3 quart saucepan bring water to a boil. Turn off heat. Add chicken bouillon and stir. Return saucepan to medium heat. Gradually add pumpkin, making sure to not splatter pumpkin or chicken bouillon. Stir. Add olive oil. Stir. Add nutmeg and pepper. Stir. Bring soup to a boil for one minute. Remove from heat. Serve. Store unused portion in refrigerator in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment